At Zeald we are avid users of Google Drive. It is a great tool for business collaboration. Google Keep is an app that lets you quickly take and save notes, photos, voice memos, and checklists to Google Drive, and then access them again on your other devices via the web.
If you are out and about when inspiration strikes or you see something that sparks an idea – you can quickly take a snap, jot down a note, or compile a to-do list all in one place. Google Keep gives you the opportunity to save what’s on your mind.
The layout of Google Keep is colourful and grid-like, reminiscent of a stack of post-it notes, colour co-ordinated so you can quickly and visually arrange your notes by subject, project, or client. The ability to arrange such notes all in one place can boost productivity alone, even without added features like voice memos.
Notable features of Google Keep:
- The home screen allows you to see your notes at a glance.
- Easy to add notes with a simple tap – great for quickly taking down a phone number at a networking event!
- Voice notes are a breeze – the app also converts your speech to text – great for when you are commuting or interviewing.
- It syncs with Google Drive – your data is easily accessible, and it yours to keep.
- Similar to Gmail, Keep has a search function and an archive – making organisation that much easier
- You can add hashtags to categorise your notes.
A negative is that you can’t share the notes directly from the app; you have to send a copy of the note via an email. (A great app for note sharing in real-time is simplenote, you can add items to a shopping list from home while your partner is out purchasing the items.)
Overall, if you're looking for a syncing note-taking app, you are on Android, and use Google Drive and Chrome; Keep could be the productivity and organisational tool for you.
Available on Android.