Welcome to our first Split test experiment. We chose boltofcloth.co.nz to be our first guinea pig to test our new split testing tool; and they agreed :)
Bolt of Cloth are a Christchurch based company whose store was badly affected in the earthquake and they have subsequently moved their business entirely online. We decided to look at the homepage first, because it had the greatest number of visitors and meant that we would see some quick results. There were a number of changes that we felt should be made initially to accelerate the process. We decided that the first test should be a radical redesign.
Test Objectives: Sell products that produce the greatest revenue - Based on the website ecommerce report and in consultation with the client.
Following our 11 checks for Landing page optimisation we outlined a list of points for improving the page:
This test was run using the Zeald experiments software and shows reduced information for privacy reasons
What did we learn?
- The new Zeald split test software "Experiments" works really well :)
- The changes made to improve the homepage were positive & the split testing backed up these educated assumptions. The new page is an obvious winner after just a few days
- This is addictive :)
- Apply the improved design to the homepage
- Use the improved homepage as the starting point for making minor tweaks to improve the design further
- Test Animated image banner and free shipping
Please don't forget we are right here. We have a team experienced in achieving great results for NZ businesses. We can help you with Online Marketing, SEO, Results Consulting and more...Let us help you generate more sales and enquiries with your website. Please talk to us